Margaret Campion has compiled a collection of interviews which together recount the the history of the radio station from 1932 to 2007.
Radio station 3AW first went to air on the 22 February 1932. From 1936 to 1990 the studios were located 382 La Trobe Street before moving to South Melbourne and then to the current studios at Docklands in 2010.
Initially the story is told in decades, 1930s, 1940s 1950s etc followed by chapters on specific themes including football, news, behind the scenes, advertising, the listeners and the presenters. Many photographs accompany the telling of the 3AW story.